Tuesday 22 March 2011

Thank you Letters







I received some fabulous thank you letters from Year 2 at Beckwithshaw Primary School, they were absolutely beautiful! Their drawings and descriptions of the sculpture were a delight to read and I was so glad that they all had such a good time. They enjoyed the process of using the willow to weave and for me this was such a significant aspect. Being hands on collecting the material and using it to make a den/shelter is such an instinctive process, a process that as children we perform through the act of play. Through my own childhood experiences the children have hopefully experienced a small aspect of how great it is to be out in the rural environment building and making a den from the materials that nature provides!
I plan to use their letters in some way and will be looking to integrating them into the future development of my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment