Tuesday 26 April 2011

Object Elective


I have been developing my work further through an elective which was based on the the use of consumable and throw away materials. The intention was to create an object which would qualify as a 'sculptural expression'. The elective gave me the chance to explore many different processes using materials such as twigs, bark chippings and organic canvas which I had previously produced in my Collaborative project.
The images above are one of the outcomes of the week. Small incisions were made into the length of the large twigs. These were then fixed into dome shaped plaster as bases. Using old reels of cotton I wound the thread from branch to branch using the incisions to keep a tension on the work.Subconsciously i was realizing voids of negative spaces which appropriates the rural landscape; the shapes and forms of the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment