Monday 22 November 2010

Limestone Particles

After reflecting on some of the processes I have worked with so far I have returned to the trace patterns I produced earlier.There is something about the delicacy and fragility of the work that intrigues me. Above are images of trace patterns created from images of the paths made by the sea on the sand at Filey beach (where the original stone was found)  reflecting the paths and journeys we take through life.Easily disturbed, the limestone particles portray the fragility of life. By using my fingers to manipulate it through the stencils, I have a direct contact with the natural stone which satisfies my need to be in contact with the elements. The tension experienced while making and revealing this work is challenging but rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment